Utility patent application
- A utility patent protects a new and useful invention, and is the most common type of patent.
- I provide complete application drafting services (claims, written description, and drawings) as well as start to finish prosecution before the USPTO.
- To begin the application process, complete an invention disclosure and contact me for a free initial consultation.
Design patent application
- A design patent protects the appearance, as opposed to the functionality, of an invention.
- To begin the process, complete an invention disclosure and include a photograph or drawing of your design.
- A search of prior art, including US and foreign patents and published applications, with a professional opinion of patentability of the invention.
Provisional patent application
- A simplified application, containing a complete disclosure of the invention, to be followed by a standard application within 1 year.
- A provisional application may be appropriate if more time is needed to develop or market your invention.
- Filing and preparation fees are reduced. The application will never be examined, but its filing date can be used for the follow-up standard application. (Very important for new first-to-file rules!)
- As an experienced mechanical designer, I create a 3D solid model of your device, allowing quick and efficient generation of the various required drawing views.
- Alternatively, I can prepare patent drawings from your 3D models or 2D drawings, saving you time and money.